Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Last year Coenraad and I went to Austria to go try out some snowboarding but this year we went to Austria to CHECK OUT the PIST for some FRESH POWDER if you know what I mean :-)









Ahh yes… nothing like falling down in fresh snow … and then there is nothing worse when you fall down and realize that the soft snow has melted and frozen again and turned into a (F*CKOFF) hard ICE layer.














Anyway, this time we decided to take with some friends because last year was so cool. They were Jaco, Niel, Storm, Coenraad, Annalet, Pieter, Natalia and Carole. Unfortianly we were split up into two groups. Advanced and Losers. For more details on what happened to the losers you can read Jaco’s blog. [ENG.].


















In the Advanced group it was Carole, Storm and me. Unfortunately the Coenraad has gone to the GAY side and has decided to try his ski’ing or what ever they call that gay sport. Event though it was storms first time on a snowboard and I was expecting him to drag our Advanced group behind. I feeling a bit in trouble when he started his first run with no problems… I was expecting to show him a thing or two… but it was difficult because I was always trying to catch up. Luckily his stopping skills involved plowing into the ICE or snow depending on which was closet. It was a good thing for me because it gave me a chance to catch up.

















Unforgivably on the 4th day Storm tried one of his famous “280 on the y-axis, hand brake turn”. Now for someone as skilled as Storm I was sure that he would be able to do this turn with ease. (I have seen him do the maneuver at least 100 times before). Unfortunately because of bad wind conditions and the fact that he was hung-over and he ended up missing his turn and doing a “320 vertical break your collar bone turn”. Anyway.. On the last two days we finally had some the pleasure of our friends joining us for some(I mean one) run. In the morning we would start with 7 people and 1 run later we would have 5 and then 1 more run later it was only Niel Carole and Me left. Niel actually started getting quite good after the 5th day.



















Anyway I had an amazing time and I am definitely doing it again next year. So Kano start saving NOW so that you can join us next year !!!.















Best Drink in Austria : gluwein

1 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger Jaco said...

Ja....

I also have 2 groups: People that I've kicked the shit out of...& people that haven't....

Tell me the story about the "advanced" group again ?

Spoorsnyer Skroewie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home