Monday, October 24, 2005

My raw meat and mint cocktail weekend

My weekend was quite good. I actually managed to get out of my room for more that 3 hours. Friday I went out for dinner and some beers with some of my friends (Coenraad, Annalet and Carole). We actually got together to make some plans to go to Prague for a weekend in November ’05. Dinner was in an Italian restaurant in brick lane called furnace. The food was interesting, Annalet and I ordered “Carpaccio e Funghi” which I forgot translated into RAW fillet meat sliced into fine slices with mushrooms, salad and cheese. I actually had it before in Rome and it was really not too bad. But poor Annalet was not impressed :- After dinner we went out for a drink or two in some club down the road. It was it turned out to be a really good evening

Saturday Dirk, Storm and I joined house 47 (a bunch of girls that stay up the road from us in number 47 Dunbar Road) for some drinks in central London. Of coarse Jaco(die klein meisie) dropped us at the last second and spent a romantic evening with his new computer. The evening got off to a rocky start when we kept on having to wait for the girls to get ready. We finally got everyone out of the house and went for some dinner in Phil’s pub and then we went out to a “pub/club” where one of the girls from house 47 works.

This turned out to be a very alcoholic evening because most of the drinks were for free. At some stage I was drinking some cocktail that looked and tasted like someone stuck a big bush of Peppermint Plant and any other random green vegetation into a blender and then added some vodka(from that point on everything got a little bit blurry). Anyway everyone got very drunk and had a really good time. There was a bit of “alcohol induced toying with emotions” going on but the phenomenon soon faded when we started our hour and a half journey back home at 3 in the morning.

No doubt exists that all women are crazy. It's just a question of degree.

Sunday was basically spent recovering and watching movies and reading some rude comments on my blog. "St Willem" as he likes to call himself has been posting shit about my blog so I think it is some time for “smack talk” (as Jaco would say). Comments like "ja, rolf se site suig..." (Rolfs’ site sucks) and "ek het amper f##### (dis nou f*kk*l) verstaan wat jy daar geskryf het" (I can’t read you English) is a bit uncalled for.

Anyway old Willem aka “Dagga” (means weed… wonder where that name comes from) is now staying in Pretoria and has been making a career out of studying. I’m not even sure how many courses he started in the last 6 year but I think it is around 3 and his last one (I think) is something like dentistry (Scary knowing that his nick name is WEED).

Old dagga is a big blue bulls fan and his team lost this Saturday against the cheetahs. Oh well maybe next year.

If you understand Afrikaans go check out his blog (http://diebetterbrielie.blogspot.com/) dedicated to stories that are better that brielies blog. HIS BLOG IS QUITE FUNNY.

Movie for the week: The Woodsman
Song for the week: Dave Mathews band – crush (acoustic version)
Friend of the week: Jaco (He organized me a sleeper couch for my room and a hard drive for my XBOX)

(Note to self : Learn how to fly, tell no one)

5 Comments:

At 10:53 AM , Blogger Jaco said...

Hierdie klein meisie gaan vir jou nog hard(sit hier 'n werkwoord van jou keuse in ...) !!
In die hol...

Lekker...

Jou enisgte 'straight' huismaat...

Jakkie Plakkie

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger saintwillem said...

funny hoe straight in die vorige comment op duik...brielie, dis bietjie tyd dat jy jou blog doen vir die maand...ek raak moeg om dieselfde sin oor en oor te lees.
Rolf:ja, is my site funny omdat hy net een posting het? dis nogal funny hoe jy al daai mense na my site toe verwys...die ding was soort van persoonlik gewees, maar ek skat ek kan seker maar jou vrinne ook amiseur. eks bly om te hoor niemand het alweer die naweek gescore nie...jy weet mos as ek nie kry nie kry niemand nie

nehow, lekke werk
ek sal seker die vakansie my blog iets aandoen, tot dan toe weet ek nie.

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger saintwillem said...

rolf, European-africans soos hul daar by jou bekend staan (of sofie hier in SA) is bruin bo en pers onder, net soos 'n po10c-coke drankie. Wel tegnies is die eerste 14mm(avg) onder ook bruin, maar sodra jy dieper gan is dit wel pers en verder in pink..of so spot die mense. Delete asb hierdie bootskap sodra jy hom klaar gelees het, ek wil nie he jou ma moet sulke dinge lees nie...daai tannie kan nogal 'n goeie plat hand uitdeel as ek reg onthou

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger saintwillem said...

hey, my site verander na saintwillem.blogspot.com toe

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger Jaco said...

Homo..

Today because I'm in my usual foul mood - I'll leave a comment in English..1st of all, Ann wants to know when you'll be returning her pink handbag - she said you've had it for ages. & while we are on the subject of you borrowing other people's stuff...I need to wash Niel's clothes befoe he gets back from SA so if you don't mind returning his Jockey's & those cut off frocks of his I'd appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed the Ballet performance last night...Peter told me that you guys only left something like 11:45 !! Geezz..!!

I spoke to Dagga & he reckons it's about time you update you blog - even if you have to write about your experiences with farm animals...

Well...gotta run, see you guys soon !!

Jaco...The Man The Legend
Since 1981...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home